Sunday 24 March 2013

Blog Of The Month - March

This year, I've decided to do a monthly Blog Of The Month post where I feature a blog I'm enjoying reading. Some blogs will be new to me, others may be blogs I've been reading for a while. I hope that by doing this, I can introduce some of my readers to other, interesting blogs, though I know that some of you will already read the blogs I feature.

The blog of the month for March is Gardens and Wildlife. Snow Bird lives in Liverpool and has a garden like no other. Who else, for example, has a set of wooden stocks knocking about outside their door, or has a living trampoline? I'm fascinated and wonder what's coming next.

As well as blogging about her garden, Snow Bird gives regular updates on the volunteering work she does in the local wildlife rescue centre. Not only is wildlife cared for at the shelter, but also domestic and farm animals. There are some very sad tales of how the animals have come to be in the centre, but also very many happy outcomes, and I love to read these uplifting posts. Snow Bird also cares for Herbie, a special needs hedgehog, and Curly, a stray cat, in her own garden. It's wonderful to read that animals who can't be released back in to the wild can still live a happy life.

Snow Bird has two very playful young dogs, Sam and Annie, and they both came from the rescue. If you read the most recent post, you will see how Sam's life has been transformed. He had such a sad start in life, but now has Annie as his partner in crime, and is a happy, carefree pooch.

I'm enjoying reading back through all the previous posts that Snow Bird has written, I'm about half way through now, and all I can say is that it's like a good book, very hard to put down. I'm sure I'll have caught up in no time. If you don't already know Snow Bird, do pop over to her blog and have a read, and don't forget to tell her that I sent you.

16 comments:

  1. I shall be popping over to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy what you read.

      Delete
  2. Oh a near neighbour Jo so I will definitely have to call in to say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she'll live too far from you, hope you enjoy the blog.

      Delete
  3. Another good choice, and one which I also enjoy reading. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying reading the blog. I especially like to hear how all the animals in the rescue are doing.

      Delete
  4. Going to take a looksee just now.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the blog. I think it's good to get recommendations this way.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness!!! What a lovely surprise! I'm like a bullfrog here, all puffed up with pride.
    Thank you soooooooooooo much, I'm very honoured!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm thoroughly enjoying reading the blog and I look forward to reading many more posts too.

      Delete
  6. Your blog friend sounds like a very caring lady as well as having an interesting garden. I'm going to visit her now. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy reading the blog. There's some wonderful people who restore my faith in human beings after hearing the flip side of the coin.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely idea Jo! I love learning about and visiting new blogs and can't wait to read this one. P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that I can introduce some of my readers to some new blogs by doing this feature each month. I hope you enjoy your visit.

      Delete
  8. I love this blog too a very good recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great blog. I'm glad you enjoy it too.

      Delete

 
!-- Start of StatCounter Code for Blogger / Blogspot -->